Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm kind of dreading this first "real" post.  I've never had a blog, unless you can count my middle school Xanga, but let's be honest, I spent the majority of my time on there posting glittery icons and making the page itself look pretty.  So I'm pretty certain that no one read anything that I actually wrote.  Maybe no one will read this blog either (I haven't told anyone about it yet, so that seems like a surefire way to stay under the radar), but if you do end up browsing through this, I hope that you find it informative, humorous, or at the very least, not a complete waste of your time.  And try be gentle, too.  I'm kind of nervous to be putting all of my thoughts out in cyberspace (well, maybe not all of them), so try not to be too critical!

I guess the question now is:  what am I going to accomplish with this blog, and why did I start it in the first place?  I'll admit, I jumped on the bandwagon here.  I saw a few blogs from other women's teams, and I thought it was a cool idea.  Our twitter is great to have during tournaments so people can follow us play-by-play (mostly our parents and Leadbelly, probably), but hopefully this will be a way for us to recap an entire tournament weekend.  I also kind of want to stockpile all things Fever.  Essentially, I want to have a Fever-only diary, so we can look back in five years and think, "wow, we were even more ridiculous than I remembered." 

Here's an example of pure ridiculousness: 


Well, that's all for now.  I'm off to the RPAC for a basketball game with Fever's intramural team, Diddy Kong Racing!  I should clarify, Diddy Kong Racing just WON THE INTRAMURAL LEAGUE!  So now we're playing in the Champion of Champions game.  The prize:  pizza.  The stakes are high, so I better get going.


There have been rumblings that Fever is actually better at basketball than frisbee....

...probably because of this girl, our MVP:


Wish us luck and hopefully I'll have good news the next time I post!

No comments:

Post a Comment